Learn at home, online,
and with Independent Home Study support resources!
MY Academy’s independent home study program gives students the flexibility to choose how they use their time – for school, for family, and for fun.
Like a traditional homeschool program, the Independent Home Study program at MY Academy is best for students who want a quality education but don’t want to be constrained by school schedules. Many families choose the MYA Independent Home Study program because a credentialed teacher directs the instruction and parents assume responsibility for student engagement.
- A student is eligible for TK if the student will have his or her fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2 (EC 48000(c))
- Students who turn 5 after December 2 may enroll on or after the student turns 5
- A TK Special Program will be added at the time the student is changed from pre-enroll to active
- This information is reported to the state
- KN is not a required grade in the state of California, for students who are 5 years of age
- Parents and guardians must enroll their children in school once they reach the age of six (EC Section 48200)
- Parents may opt to have their child continue in Kindergarten, but not more than one additional school year
- Parents will be required to sign a Kindergarten Continuance Form (see attached)
- From my experience, the auditors will be looking for this form
- California law requires a child to be six years old on or before September 1 to be legally eligible for first grade (EC Section 48010)